[Sussex] Remote connection, again

Antony ar at f2s.com
Fri Feb 8 01:57:28 UTC 2008

I'm getting some odd effects while dabbling with tight VNC,
xtightvncviewer 1.2.9 on Dapper to be precise.  KB input isn't reaching
the server (vino-server on Gutsy), disconnection is the only way to
escape the client, and the server crashes from time to time taking Gutsy
with it on occasion.  TightVNC has a good reputation so I guess it's
probably a configuration issue or possibly incompatability with vino.

Does anyone recognise these symptoms, or have suggestions on how to
investigate them?  If trying another server what's the right way to stop
vino-server?

Thanks
Anthony

--