[Sussex] Mandriva and Thunderbird

davidpipe at tiscali.co.uk davidpipe at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Jul 9 19:42:38 UTC 2008

I have now changed over to Mandriva / KDE and everything seemed to be running OK until I booted up this morning when I lost the GUI sign on screen - "There was an error loading the theme MDK.  Failed to open file 1/usr/share/mdk/backgrounds/.default.png' : no such file or directory.

I have re-installed Mandriva having formatted / but keeping /home.  Now, when I try to start Thunderbird, I get a message saying an instance of Thunderbird is already running and that I should close it or restart the system.  TBird did not seem to be running, so I rebooted and still got the same message on starting Tbird.  Any suggestions would be gratefully received, remembering I'm a newby on Linux!

TIA