[Sussex] my wifi signal indicator

FRANK JAMES frank.james4 at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 23 08:59:24 UTC 2008

I have sorted out my difficulty with my ubuntu  on a dell laptop.
I found out how to change the hd, bought a cheap one, reinstalled ubuntu 8 and everything is now behaving properly.

So corruption has occurred as a result of my monkeying about at someone else's house with their router and tiscali ISP.

The incident has helped me to learn a bit more about changing the drive on a laptop, and that there are dangers in running at a different environment, something that I have not experienced before although I have travelled with the laptop to the States and Europe without any bothers at all!

I am now needing a bit of help with Samba, for printer it is fine but I haven't mastered the file sharing yet!

Frank James

This mail comes from a computer with Ubuntu 8 and it needs no anti virus gear!