[Sussex] The Wi-Fi button

Desmond Armstrong desmond.armstrong at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 22:12:36 UTC 2008

I have now sorted this one.
We can install the Broadcom Wi-Fi without problem normally, but that
button was eluding me.
To cut the story short, I have used the ndiswrapper on the data in the
WLAN directory on the Windows and now the card works and the button works.
Next mystery, this machine on Windows has very marginal signal but, on
Linux with the same hardware and firmware the signal strength is
excellent. Explain this if you can.
I have noticed before (with other machines) that the Wi-Fi on Linux is
much more reliable that on Windows and, this is a Broadcom card!