[Sussex] Linux Suggestions

David Pipe davidpipe at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Jun 12 14:58:30 UTC 2008

Thanks for the varying responses.  At the moment I am unmployed, so any
upgrades are as a nd when I can afford them!  The two drives I have on
board the old PII are ones I have saved from a previous crashed
(motherbord) PC - 30 Gig and and a 4 Gig (being used for my temporary
files.)

At the moment I am experimenting with the Windros software I'm
installing - the final OS will be ME but with all the tweaks I can
install & have working on 128 MB RAM.  I have yet to install Everest &
check the full details of the Motherboard etc but I do know that the max
RAM I can install will be 256 - 4 slots, 64 each.

The video card is a bog standard S3 Vige DX/GX - 4 MB RAM.

I have had Puppy 400 running from CD, but am aiming to install it to HD
- having d/l'd grub4dos so I can alter the bootloader.