[Sussex] Sussex Moot and more Linux woes

Desmond Armstrong desmond.armstrong at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 13:40:06 UTC 2008

I should have given David a copy of the full version of Mandriva 2008.1
(Spring) the download version only contains half the data.
Unfortunately the need to update is an essential part of the procedure.
 From my experiences it is crucial to update about 3 months (or later)
after a distro is released. A lot of little problems do show up with the
first 1 to 3 months of a distro's release.
Unfortunately also it is assumed that we all have broadband and this is
simply not the case.
I am working through my various Wi-Fi devices with a view to having a
properly sensitive one so at such moot we do have some reasonable access
I am not sure where David or Peter are, but I will happily pop down with
the Mandriva 2008.1 DVD and will give a hand. Offlist contact please.