[Sussex] virtual machine software

FRANK JAMES frank.james4 at btinternet.com
Thu May 1 08:09:06 UTC 2008

I have been encouraged to have a look at this subject and tried a big downloaded version from Microsoft that someone had prepared for me. It seemed to be a way of selling various versions of Vista and I didn't spend too long on it.

I turned my attention to linux programs and found one for Debian. I had some problems and looked at my laptop with Ubuntu and got into it very quickly and efficiently.

Alas the key that I was given for a 15 day trial did not work so I wait for another. Then I can have (I hope), a virtual Mandriva, Red Hat and Fedoro to have a look at!

This may be old hat for most of you, but I found it quite interesting.