[Sussex] New Moot Attendance List for Testing

Steve Dobson steve.dobson at syscall.org.uk
Thu Oct 23 08:19:17 UTC 2008

All

On Thu, 2008-10-23 at 07:41 +0100, Andrew Guard wrote:
> 2008/10/22 Fay Zee <sussex at eglug.org.uk>:
> > On Wed 22/10/08  5:05 PM , Steve Dobson steve.dobson at syscall.org.uk sent:
> >> Desmond
> >> Well I doubt you'll get a confirm email as the e-mail address you
> >> gave
> >> (***************************************) resulted in a 550 error.
> >> I can't see how to get around this without displaying the e-mail
> >> address
> >> on the form.
> >> Steve
> >
> > Steve, I'm not playing if you're going to display our email addresses after all :-)
> >

> IP address and e-mails shouldn't be made public. e-mail address do not
> conform anything. IP address should not be published in public as this
> information can be open abuse by people have views that differ from us
> on FLOSS.

I never had any intention of displaying the email addresses, even in a
munged form.  Not sure how IP address can be abused by being posted on a
web site (as apposed to just looked up in the DNS database) - but I've
removed them from the table now.

I was thinking about displaying the browser used to "name and shame"
those using non-Linux based browsers  ;-D

Is the text displayed on sign-up form and sent out in the e-mail clear?
The two people (Gavin & Alex) that haven't confirmed is that because you
haven't bothered to click the link in the e-mail or because you didn't
get it.

I've added a script to clear away the over 24hr registered list each
night.  What more (if anything) is required?

Is the daily reminder e-mail sent out to the list worth doing again?
Not sure how useful it is.

Steve Dobson

BOFH excuse #110:

The rolling stones concert down the road caused a brown out