[Sussex] Personal Video Recorders

Steve Dobson steve.dobson at syscall.org.uk
Wed Sep 17 09:26:56 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-09-17 at 10:07 +0100, Karl Manning wrote:
> Could someone perhaps put together a shopping-list for me for a PVR,
> best flavour of Linux, PC spec, compatible cards etc? I guess I am
> looking for two specs, a basic one for Freeview and then a more
> advanced one to include Freesat/HD.

Checkout MythTV.  It's probably the most used PVR software and there are
howto for each distro.  I use Debian, but it doesn't really matter.

What is more important is the capture card and the driver support.

Steve Dobson

The Great Movie Posters:

HOT STEEL BETWEEN THEIR LEGS!
-- The Cycle Savages (1969)

The Hand that Rocks the Cradle... Has no Flesh on It!
-- Who Slew Auntie Roo? (1971)

TWO GREAT BLOOD HORRORS TO RIP OUT YOUR GUTS!
-- I Eat Your Skin & I Drink Your Blood (1971 double-bill)

They Went In People and Came Out Hamburger!
-- The Corpse Grinders (1971)