[Sussex] Fedora 9 repository problem

Steve Dobson steve.dobson at syscall.org.uk
Wed Sep 17 18:02:46 UTC 2008

Hi Brendan

On Wed, 2008-09-17 at 16:52 +0100, Brendan BT Account wrote:
> I downloaded Fedora 9 (direct from Fedora), burnt a DVD and started the
> installation. Unfortunatelly, I got a "Unable to read package metadata
> from repository" error when I tried to configure/select what I want to
> install. I looked on-line and found a suggestion that I could have a bad
> ISO image so I downloaded from a mirror and tried again but still get
> the same problem. Other suggestion are to "yum clean all" but obviously
> I can't do that until I have an installed operating system. Would it be
> best to install and then configure the system? Any other suggestions?

1). Did you check the MD5 sum posted on the website against the image
you downloaded?

2). Burn a slowly as possible, less change of errors in the burning
processes.

Sorry, but as I don't use Fedora I can't advise with regards to the yum
commands.

Steve Dobson

One of the large consolations for experiencing anything unpleasant is
the knowledge that one can communicate it.
-- Joyce Carol Oates