[Sussex] Fedora 9 repository problem

Brendan BT Account d740whelan at btinternet.com
Thu Sep 18 14:30:08 UTC 2008

Thanks for your responses. By way of variation, I did an installation
opting to configure the software later. This worked, but whilst, after
rebooting, I could activate eth0 I could not connect to the Internet. I
happened to be using a fixed IP address (via Mistral) so I switched to
using DHCP over a BT link and this worked fine. I then restarted the
installation from the DVD and again used DHCP - everything worked i.e.
it found the repository and let me select the software. There appears to
be something odd with this Mistral/fixed IP link which is surprising as
I have a Fedora 8 system happily running and the Fedora 9 installation
didn't object to the connection but reported a repository problem.
Anyway I have now crossed that hurdle. Brendan