[Sussex] Fedora 9 repository problem

Richie Jarvis richie at helkit.com
Wed Sep 24 08:42:18 UTC 2008

Desmond Armstrong wrote:
> Most likely you are experiencing a worn out DVD drive, I do find that
> they can have quite a short life, but now that new ones are less than
> £20 it is not so bad. Even lightscribe ones can be got for £20 but I
> have not tried them, and in case the media is more costly.

Its worth pointing out that normal CD and DVD media can still be burnt
in a LightScribe drive, so you don't need to buy the more expensive
media.  The LightScribe media just allows the CD/DVD to be labelled by
the laser by turning the disk over.  Does anyone know of Linux based
Lightscribe software btw?

Cheers,

Richie