[Sussex] Command Line script, be it a GPL v3 or CC by-sa?

Alex Harrington alex at longhill.org.uk
Sat Feb 21 21:13:38 UTC 2009

> So should release it under a GPL v3 or Creative Commons
> Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales licence.

As I understand it, because your script is simply calling a GPL v3 program - presumably with options - then you can release your script under any license you wish. You do not _have_ to use the GPL.

If I were you, I'd probably use the GPL v3 as it's more appropriate to software than CC - however there's nothing to stop you licensing code under a CC license. It really depends on what you want the license to provide for you.

Cheers

Alex

--
Alex Harrington - Network Manager