[Sussex] MythTV with DVB-S and HD

Alex Harrington alex at longhill.org.uk
Tue Jan 13 12:46:39 UTC 2009

Heya

> Just wondering if any of you MythTV users out there had tried
> direct DVB-S capture, particularly with HD channels? I'm
> thinking of ditching my PVR-350/Skybox combo and doing direct
> capture from freesat instead.
> Anyone got anything similar working, and if so, what hardware
> are you using?

Yes - we have a freesat setup going in to two Nova DVB-S cards. The box
is a dual Xeon with TBs of hard disc space, but that's got more to do
with the number of clients than the DVB-S.

We can record the HD channels, but they don't stream well (too much
data) across 100Mb LAN. Downloading the video first though gives a
really nice picture.

Cheers

Alex

--
Alex Harrington - Network Development Manager
Longhill High School
t: 01273 391672 e: alex at longhill.org.uk