[Sussex] Free to a good home - Sun SPARCclassic

Trevor Marshall trevorm at rusham.demon.co.uk
Sun Jun 7 16:02:10 UTC 2009

Hi All,

I have a Sun SPARCclassic to dispose of, complete with monitor, keyboard
and mouse.  It has been running Debian (Woody), albeit rather slowly,
but that's the end of the line for the 32-bit SPARC architecture
(AFAIK), and I need the space.

I was going to take it to the tip, but before I do, if anyone on the
list wants it then it's yours for free.  I could even deliver it to the
next LUG meeting I suppose...

I've just removed the Debian installation, so you'd need to do your own
install from scratch, and you'd need either an external SCSI CD drive,
or to install from floppy/network.  I can't remember how much memory is
installed, or how big the disc is either - sorry about that, but I
haven't used the system for a while.

So, free if anyone wants it, otherwise it's off to meet the WEEE
directive!  If you want it can you let me know before the next meeting?

Cheers,
--
Trevor