[Sussex] Hosting server

John Crowhurst info at johnscomputersupport.co.uk
Fri Mar 6 11:03:53 UTC 2009

Hello,

I'm looking for a good and cheap hosting company that rents dedicated
servers. Currently my customer has one with RapidSwitch in Maidenhead and
would like a server somewhere else in the UK (as in not in Blue Square's
data centre)

There appears to be loads out there that turn out to be resellers for
RapidSwitch, or the servers aren't in the UK (1and1 servers are in
Germany)

RapidSwitch claim to have problems with their Cisco routers and switches,
that explain the packet loss and high ping times to their servers that
doesn't affect the servers in any way. However, since other network
providers have no issue with Cisco routers, I'm beginning to smell a rat.

If anyone has any ideas I'd be most grateful.

--
John Crowhurst
John's Computer Support