[Sussex] Ubuntu dpkg-buildpackage assistance sought

d binderman dcb314 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 12 12:24:50 UTC 2009

Hello there,

I am new to Ubuntu dpkg-buildpackage and I seek assistance.

I've tried quite a bit of HOWTOs and FAQ, but I would
like to find out how to encourage dpkg-buildpackage to
use a different, home made, C / C++ compiler than the usual.

I've already tried tweeking the PATH and setting a shell
variable to no success.

dpkg-buildpackage is being called from apt-get,
if that helps.

There is some free beer / other drink waiting for the
successful answer.

Cheers

David Binderman