[Sussex] Moot organisation

Gavin Stevens starshine at gavmusic.uklinux.net
Tue Sep 22 00:00:16 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I have started an attendance list for Thursday, but I think we need to organise ourselves so that the moots can get back to some normality.

I have started the attendance list for this month. If I recall, Fay kindly 'phoned the Holbrook club last month so that the moot could go ahead. So we need someone who can make that their regular job. Personally, I am happy for Fay to do this if she feels able. Equally, I can do it, or someone else can do it if they wish.

The important thing for this month is that we have a moot & then maybe we can make some more permanent arrangements for the future.

I have to say that I am somewhat concerned about Steve Dobson - he is someone who has tirelessly worked for this group for a number of years now & it seems completely out of character for him just to have ceased communications with us. I can well understand that he could have got fed up with organising the moots, but I'm sure that all of us would have understood & wanted to thank him for all his efforts. Steve doesn't strike me as someone who would just go silent (of course, he is perfectly entitled to be silent), indeed I would use many words such as "extremely knowledgeable", "enthusiastic" to describe Steve, but never "silent".

Gavin.