[Sussex] Moot Attendance List April 29 - now £3

Fay Zee sussex at eglug.org.uk
Sun Apr 25 21:12:46 UTC 2010

The last Thursday is nearly upon us, so:

Please add your name below if you would like to attend the April
moot.

I have been advised by the manager of the Holbrook Club that the
entrance fee will now be £3. Here is what Tim has to say:

Fay,

I trust your meeting went okay yesterday?

As it has been some years since the original agreement for your group
to use The Holbrook Club was negotiated, I believe it is now time to
review the arrangement.

With this in mind, and whilst we are very happy for your group to
continue to use our facilities, we do need to increase the entry
charge
from £2.00 per person to £3.00 per person to help cover the cost of
the
room hire and facilities usage your group enjoys.

I trust this increase will not prove too onerous and that we will see
you all again in April as normal

Can you please brief your colleagues that the entry charge with
effect
from your April 2010 meeting will be £3.00?

Thank you for your co-operation and support. Tim

I sincerely hope this will not put anyone off attending. The Holbrook

club has served us well and has good facilities.

Now, more than ever, we need to devise a good series of talks.

We are still without a mootmaster to arrange these and direct the
moots. Gavin has been holding the fort in this area and I have been
helping a little.

I am happy to remain as attendance list manager. The prospective
mootmaster would provide me with the list of talks to promote.

In the meantime, here is the tentative schedule I am proposing:

For the next three months: a main talk, followed by short segments on

three ongoing projects we seem to have in common, or vice versa.

1. Demonstration of MonoDevelop.
Mono is the Open Source implementation of .NET and MonoDevelop is
a development front end that enables you to create applications.
I will demonstrate a simple console game that causes images to move
around on the screen. The player must click on the images and the app

must be programmed to work out what is going on.
Even if you've never programmed before, you will see how simple the
concepts are. MonoDevelop is a joy to use.
Why not download Mono and MonoDevelop and bring them to the moot
with a usb drive?
You can copy the game, I will show you how to make simple changes
(like
speeding up or slowing down or altering the number of images) and you

can see the results in your new game version.

2. Internet access in meetings: how best to share wifi access.
3 MythTV: what hardware is needed? What are the best buys?
4. Ekiga: How to set it up. Any tips on sound issues.

I will post these last three up as several topics to see if we get
any responses

When replying with your name, please only include the text below this
point..

Next moot:
     Thursday 29/04/2010

Location:
     The Holbrook Club
     North Heath Lane
     Horsham
     West Sussex
     RH12 5PJ

Talk / Presentation this month:
     1.. Demonstration of MonoDevelop

Mini Issues
     2. Internet access in meetings: how best to share wifi
access.
      3. MythTV: what hardware is needed? What are the best buys?
     4. Ekiga: How to set it up. Any tips on sound issues.

Confirmed so far:
     Fay Fleming

 Best Regards,
Fay