[Sussex] Networking problem

Alex Harrington alex at longhill.org.uk
Wed Dec 8 23:05:52 UTC 2010

>> The current setup involves a piece of ethernet running down the front
>> of their office from their first floor to their basement. Over time,
>> this ethernet cable must be getting damp and corroding, and it will
>> fail after about 6 months of use requiring a new cable.

Use external grade Cat5 cable that won't mind being run outside.

We had some installed at work to hook up some portacabins while we had some building work done and it worked fine for 14 months or so. Cable looked fine when we ripped it out too.

Alex

--
Alex Harrington - Network Manager
Longhill High School