[Sussex] Old PC (no hard disk) anyone?

Desmond Armstrong desmond.armstrong at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 18:47:14 UTC 2010

  On 24/11/10 18:37, Desmond Armstrong wrote:
>  On 24/11/10 13:25, Westerham wrote:
>> I'm disposing of a Compaq Tower/desktop (2.8 ghz Celeron processor, 1
>> gb RAM, NO hard disk (ex. PATA)). If anyone is interested in taking it
>> off my hands I'll bring it along to the Moot.
> Unfortunately, I can't get to the Sussex moot this time but if I did I
> would love to have the processor and the RAM for upgrading another
> machine.

I should add that while these parts are useful for some upgrading of
users machines, I see no value anymore in the slower machines i.e.
1.6GHz or less and am now breaking them up - sad to see them go - they
were expensive in their day.

Generally the requirement now is for dual core (or better) and 1.6GHz or
better.

I have now built several machines which use the dual core Atom 1.66GHz
and, being such a quiet and low power machine is really absolutely fine
for most purposes until you to come to some serious video editing and
serious photo manipulation when a faster processor and more RAM is a
real advantage.

So the old machines go out.