[Sussex] Ubuntu install

PHILIP COLLINGS philcollings60 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 27 23:27:02 UTC 2010

P S Collings

Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 22:39:38 +0000
From: desmond.armstrong at gmail.com
To: sussex at mailman.lug.org.uk
Subject: Re: [Sussex] Ubuntu install

    On 27/11/10 21:09, PHILIP COLLINGS wrote:

       Hi all,

      I am trying to install ubuntu 10.10 on to a tower that I have
        built.

      The cpu is running at 1400 but will go higher, 2.5 gb
        ram.200gb hdd.
      I have been trying to install with live disks which do work
        on another comp I've got. The unit freezes from just after the
        dos front pages of the comp to the boot menu of the disks, or
        anywhere in between.

      I have as yet to get a full install. the furthest I've got
        once, was the keyboard and time zone settings

      Has any body got any ideas, as I'm beginning to run out of
        things to try.
      You can reply here or you can reply to
        philcollings60 at hotmail.com.
      Many thanks in advance,phil.

    The first thing I would check is the CD drive as, if it is worn,
    this is the sort of problem one gets. So try another CD or DVD drive
    first.

    But have you had the live CD running properly?

hi,yes the live cd is working fine as i tried it in another comp. also used other drives and they are fine.

__
Sussex mailing list
Sussex at mailman.lug.org.uk
E-mail Address: sussex at mailman.lug.org.uk