[Sussex] Ubuntu install

Andrew Guard andrew10 at andrewguard.com
Mon Nov 29 11:37:44 UTC 2010

On 28 November 2010 06:14, Steve Dobson <steve at dobbo.org> wrote:

> Debian, for example, have just entered the final stages of testing for the
> 6.0 "squeeze" release.  This includes proper support at last for a USB stick
> network installer. (http://www.debian.org/distrib/netinst)  As Ubuntu is
> Debian based this should give you something close to what you're use to with
> Ubuntu.

I install Ubuntu from USB all the time. The only thing is some times
to make it boot USB you have to make shore in BIOS it is set to able
to boot from USB. Some BIOS call it Floppy USD whilsed other call Disk
USB well you get idea, also make shore in set to boot in the BIOS boot
list.

Have a read here they will explan it all better then I will
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/FromUSBStick

The best ISO to USB tool out there run on both Linux and Windows
http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/