[Sussex] Junior Linux SA Contractor - Bracknell

Massimo Mongardini massimo at mongardini.it
Wed Aug 24 08:03:07 UTC 2011

Shame this is my first post to the ML since I joined....

Hello everyone!

The company that i work for is looking for a contractor position for 6-8
months.

This role will be based in Bracknell. I realize it is not very Sussex
based, but connectios might go further than counties and someone might
be interested.

The profile of the candidate is someone confident with linux, young,
dynamic, independent and a quick learner.

If interested please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Cheers,
Max

*Contractor: Junior Linux Systems Administrator needed for Data
Migration project*

Webroot will soon need for a Junior Linux Systems Administrator
contractor in our UK office who will be responsible to run a well
defined data migration process for our email archieving product.    This
project is anticipated to last 6 months or until all customers are
migrated to our new achieving technology.  This person will work closely
with our customer support department and a third party to ensure all
customer data is extracted, migrated and imported successfully.

RESPONSIBILITIES
.    Using a set of scripts to schedule multiple extractions simultaneously.
.    Monitor status on each migration and on the Linux servers involved.
Ensure accurate step-by-step process is followed for each
.    Communicate clearly and concisely to Customer Support and our Third
Party the status of each migration using a ticketing system
.    Perform initial troubleshooting on the migration process and
escalate quickly to Senior System Administrators if a migration hampered.
.    Identify and implement ways to make the migration process more
scalable and efficient

REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
.    Quick learner, able to work independently
.    Minimum 1 year of system administration on Linux server platforms
from the command line
o    Knowledgeable about OS core: services, packages, hardware, network
settings, troubleshooting, etc
o    Solid working knowledge of common services: SSH, DNS, SMTP, DHCP,
HTTP, etc
.    Very good communicator, experienced with interacting in internal
teams and vendors
.    Able to multitask between several migrations at once
.    Effective at following up with internal and external teams and
vendors for updates
.    Experience with creating and maintaining documentation using wiki
technology
.    Experience using enterprise level ticketing systems
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
.    Basic knowledge of database concepts and very basic SQL queries
.    Basic knowledge of TCP/IP networking, especially from a
troubleshooting perspective
.    Able to maintain basic scripts using standard scripting languages
(Bash, PHP, Perl)

Webroot will not be able to act as an umbrella company for this
position, so anyone willing to apply directly to this position will need
to reachout to a third party umbrella company.