[Sussex] Surrey LUG and/Or Saturdays [Was: An introduction and Apache]

Fay Zee sussex at eglug.org.uk
Wed Jun 15 22:50:46 UTC 2011

On 15 June 2011 22:55, Will Earnshaw  wrote:
> May I take this opportunity to ask the group what their main usage
of Linux
> is? For me it's currently web hosting and eventually some little
server
> ideas that I have (that is, if I can get my head around the code).
Are any
> of you developers and contribute to any open projects? I'd love to
chat to
> someone about the Linux API for C++ and if its as difficult to break
into as
> the Windows API.

At home I do an increasingly small amount of web work and databases,
due to time constraints. At work I'm a full time web and database
developer, but using C# and SQL Server.

Blender, Inkscape and GIMP are my favourites for producing simple
illustrations.

Apart from that I like experimenting with whatever GNU software comes
to my notice.

My preferred distro is Debian and I'm an avid LTSP user.

 Best Regards,
Fay
East Grinstead Linux User Group
www.eglug.org.uk