[Sussex] moving data, backups etc - best/simplest/cheapest practice ?

johnsemailaccount at gmail.com johnsemailaccount at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 16:12:32 UTC 2011

On , Dominic Humphries <linux at oneandoneis2.org> wrote:

> ...unplug the hard drive from your old PC, plug it into the new one
> as a "slave" drive, boot it and have instant access to all your old
> files?

> :)

Ok, yes, that's a brilliant idea - certainly one that I hadn't thought
of....

What's the likelihood of any possible compatibility issues ? As I have no
idea how to work that out.

Plus, would the new PC and/or 11.04 auto detect the old hard drive ? or
would I have to work out how to make it so the system is "seen" ?

I'm very unsure as to whether that would need to be done before or after I
start adding Ubuntu to the new PC.....

regards

John D