[Sussex] RMS Talking at Sussex Uni

Dominic Humphries linux at oneandoneis2.org
Thu Mar 10 11:22:01 UTC 2011

Pretty good - well worth going to.

I liked the idea of musicians etc. getting paid on a cube-root basis,
i.e. sell 1000x more records and get 10x more money, so that the big
sellers still get lots of money but there's more available for the
reasonably-successful non-superstars. I was less convinced by the idea
that useful 'howto' books shouldn't get any protection from copyright.

But it was overall an interesting talk. And I was impressed he managed
to auction off a plush Gnu for £100 :o)