[Sussex] Another SPAM attempt.

Stephen Williams sdp.williams at btinternet.com
Tue Nov 1 08:07:53 UTC 2011

Hello list,

I found this message in my BTYahoo webmail inbox:

"This is a post notification,

Your parcel has arrived at the post office on October 7.
Our Driver was unable to deliver the parcel to your address.
Please print out the invoice copy attached and collect the package at
our office.

Thank you,
FedEx Customer Services."

BTYahoo webmail scans attachments before you download them. Sure enough,
it discovered a virus.

I understand this is quite common at the moment, along with the variant
that asks you to call a phone number that docks £320 from your phone
bill.

Steve W.