[Sussex] Moot Attendance List July 26

Fay Zee sussex at eglug.org.uk
Mon Jul 16 19:45:01 UTC 2012

Hi Peter,

Yes, it's happening in ten days' time, not three days' time as I
wrongly wrote in my initial email.

Did you see Paul's reply earlier?

When he posted the one-liner:

s/three days/ten days/

he was giving command line code meaning search for the string "three
days" and replace with the string "ten days".

This shorthand is fairly common on LUG mailing lists when someone
makes a howler or just a mistake.

Posters sometimes correct themselves in this way if they notice the
error first.

The pattern is:

s/string to search for/string to replace it with/

Note the three forward slashes On the command line the whole thing
would be enclosed in quotes.

See you in TEN day's time :-)

On 16/07/2012, Peter Humphreys  wrote:
> Hi Fay
>
> If you mean 26th, which I suspect you may, that isn't happening
until next
> week!
>
> Can you confirm? I shall be along whichever it is.

 Best Regards,
Fay
East Grinstead Linux User Group
www.eglug.org.uk