[Sussex] Moot talk

Jan Henkins jan at henkins.za.net
Thu Jun 28 11:42:48 UTC 2012

Hello Ignacio,

Even though MuseScore does not have all the isoteric features you will
find in Sibelius, you should find that with it's current feature set you
will be able to solve most (if not all) of your workflow challenges. My
wife was very much a Sibelius junky, but I successfully managed to wean
her from her "dependency" with MuseScore. The fact that MuseScore has a
similar design and layout to Sibelius does indeed help with the initial
jump.

I think that you will be more than pleasantly surprised! :-)

Tip: As far as possible, please ensure that you try and stay updated. The
MuseScore community is very active, and new features and bugfixes comes in
quite frequently. I find the forum over at http://musescore.org to be a
nice place to hang out with fellow muse-geeks.

On Thu, June 28, 2012 11:52, Ignacio Jarquin wrote:
> Dear Gavin,
>

> I am very interested on that particular topic as I have to prepare a
> couple of orchestra and piano scores, transpose them, extract the single
> instrument scores and get them nicely put on paper, etc. I used to do this
> kind of work on Sibelius, but since I fully migrated to Linux (Ubuntu) I
> have been missing a good score writer that I can understand and use...
> will you talk about this on the 5th July? best Ignacio
>

> On 27 June 2012 23:20, Gavin Stevens <gavin.stevens at gavmusic.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> At the moot this month, I shall be talking about music score editors,
>> what makes a good score editor & demonstrating MuseScore, which is
>> available as a standard package on Debian & probably other distros as
>> well.
>>
>> Hope to see you there,
>> Gavin.
>>

>> --