[Sussex] [JOB] Junior Linux IT Support Technician at Brandwatch

Dennis Dryden ddryden at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 12:01:03 UTC 2013

Brandwatch is one of the world’s leading social media monitoring
applications. We help customers from all across the globe discover,
understand and respond to comments made about them on the web in real time.

We have built a team of the brightest developers and built our own web
crawler, text analysis engine and web-based user interface. Continuing our
expansion we are seeking to hire a Junior Linux IT Support Technician.

Your main duties will be:
1.  Support of users’ IT requirements, directly and also remotely from the
Brighton office, on a mixture of Ubuntu Linux, Windows and Mac environments.
2.  Build and fixing of our internal systems hardware.
3.  Learning as much as you can about the rest of the systems so that you
can develop into a more senior role.

We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate the following:
1.  Passion about technology (either a CS degree or experience building
“very cool stuff” – approaching technology constructively)
2.  Experience of running Linux installations (either professionally or as
a hobbyist)
3.  Ability to identify and repair PC hardware faults
4.  IT user support (professionally or for friends/family)
5.  The ability to get things done (ie. focus your efforts correctly)
6.  A sharp mind and the ability to learn quickly

Any of the following would be beneficial:
1.  Programming or scripting experience
2.  Experience of supporting networked workstations (Windows/Mac/Linux)
3.  Mac OS X experience
4.  Command-line interfaces
5.  Experience supporting AV setups
6.  Experience working on a helpdesk

Expect a challenging and technical environment that offers a great
opportunity to work with cool technology in a growing company rapidly
becoming a leader in its market. For more information see
http://www.brandwatch.com/company/careers/

Salary up to £23k plus benefits (private health insurance, bonuses),
depending on skills and experience.

Interested candidates should send their CV and a cover letter outlining how
they meet the 6 job requirements listed above and including salary
expectations, to jobs at brandwatch.com

STRICTLY NO AGENCIES