[Sussex] PlayOnLinux, Vyew, Shutter - 20-minute lightning talks (unsolved error)

Fay Zee sussex at eglug.org.uk
Thu Jan 31 00:15:30 UTC 2013

Hi Paul,

On 30 January 2013 01:31, Paul Willis  wrote:
> You have been here then?
> http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/lib32nss-mdns

I would not want to mix any Wheezy in with my Squeeze.

I was wary of removing libnss-mdns form Squeeze in case it caused
problems. But in the end I did remove it and install lib32nss-mdns in
its place. That took care of the error message. Favourites in IE8 and
IE7 still don't work though.

> still ...  shutter & vyew look interesting

Shutter is my tool of choice when I need to take a series of
screenshots of the same area of my screen and not have to bother about
naming individually.

Otherwise I use ksnapshot as it is easier for random screenshots.

> calibre does a great job with my kindle stuff (have to install the
plugin).
> Native linux :)
> ..for win & mac too:  http://calibre-ebook.com/

I have Calibre and love it. But I needed KindleForPC in order to be
able to download any Kindle books

Best Regards,
Fay
East Grinstead Linux User Group