[Sussex] Power Questions

Paul Willis phwillis at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 18:54:43 UTC 2013

cat /proc/cpuinfo
 tells you quite a lot about the cpu

top   - tells you about system load and top processes

XSensors from software centre tells you about voltages, temperatures etc

Hardware Lister  (also software centre) tells you about cpu, pci, usb etc etc
run as   sudo lshw     once installed
or  "System Profiler and Benchmark"  I think is the graphical version

Boinc manager  (also software centre) could be up your street

powertop  gives you loads of info too (sudo apt-get install powertop)
then sudo powertop  (tab / shift-tab   through the tabs!)

There is a powerstat for ubuntu too but think is really aimed at
laptop battery use but may be worth a look

I tried "hardware info" in the software centre
and googled "ubuntu system power usage"

An interesting question

Paul