[Sussex] December Portsmouth LUG meeting - Pies, Pi's and Zero Cheer!

Lisi Reisz lisi.reisz at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 00:10:12 UTC 2015

The next meeting of the Portsmouth LUG will be held on Saturday 19th December
from 13:00 to 18:00 at the Broadoak Sports and Social Club.**

We shall have our annual Christmas "party".  The theme will be Pies, Pi's and
Zero cheer:  there will be Mince pies, Raspberry Pi's (raspberry pies,
anyone?) and at least one Raspberry Pi Zero; not to mention some Penguins
(well, it is a PLUG meeting).  So something for every level of geekdom.

You are all very warmly invited, as always, and I hope to see some of you.

I hope to have displays and talks on or about some or all of:  Pac-man in
lights created by Raspberry Pi, a robot or robot arm, controlled by Raspberry
Pi, Christmas tree lights controlled by an Arduino and a collection of Pi's
with associated hats.  Anyone else with Pi delights (or even pie delights)
please bring them along.

Come and relax for a bit away from the frenetic preparations.  If your spouse
or children might object, bring your spouse and children too!  Our age range
so far is 6*-84.  There is plenty of room either side to extend it!!

Then there will, I hope, be the usual mutual help sessions.  We have been
doing well with solving problems, even painful new "features" introduced by
some of our distros.  (That was a "feature", Luke, not a bug or a
problem :-/ )

We shall, Deo volente, insha'Allah, and with a following wind, have our own
fast Internet connection.  We are setting it up tomorrow.  So installations,
updates and demonstrations will be possible.  Add-ons to Atom will even
download and install before Christmas 2016. ;-)  And there will be plenty of
bandwidth and a large number of IP addresses available, so everyone should be
able to connect, and at a decent speed.

I look forward to seeing all of you for the last meeting of 2015.

Lisi

** http://www.portsmouth.lug.org.uk/venue.html
*   I need warning to bring games compendia!