[Sussex] Portsmouth Linux User Group October Meeting

Lisi Reisz lisi.reisz at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 23:19:15 UTC 2015

The October meeting of the Portsmouth Linux User Group will be from 13:00 to
18:00 on Saturday 17th October at the Broadoaks Sports and Social
Club, Airport Service Road, Hilsea.
http://www.portsmouth.lug.org.uk/venue.html

It will, as usual, be a bring a box meeting, so bring all your problems and
we'll see if we can solve them.  Bring your new kit to show it off.  Come for
a chat with like-minded people.  Come for an excellent social occasion.

There will be a talk on FOSS and Astrophotography, given by Matthew Withers.
http://www.portsmouth.lug.org.uk/talks/

Matthew is a PhD student at the Institute of Cosmology and Gravitation which
is part of the University of Portsmouth.  He is  interested primarily in
Cosmology and Astrophysics - large scale structure, dark energy, dark matter,
inflation, galaxy evolution, theories of cosmology... he is especially
interested in the combination of theoretical models and observational data
that work to constrain each other.

He is a keen amateur astronomer/astrophotographer and Linux enthusiast. He is
very passionate about Free & Open Source Software (FOSS) and contributes to
open source software where he can.

As always, anyone with problems?  If it might help if someone else
brought some equipment, or might need special expertise, please mention it
in advance.  And if you can help, then please come to the meeting to do so!

Lisi