[Sussex] Portsmouth LUG meeting 20th February 2016 at Broad Oak Sports and Social Club

Lisi Reisz lisi.reisz at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 18:40:04 UTC 2016

The next PLUG meeting will be at the Broad Oak Sports and Social Club on
Saturday 20th February from 13:00 to 18:00.  You are, as usual, all invited.

http://www.portsmouth.lug.org.uk/venue.html

Note that we now have a good Internet connection.

It will be the usual bring a box meeting.  Bring your problems, bring your
gadgets, come to chat or come to learn.  Bring anything from a smartphone to
a large desktop - so long as it is Open Source!

We also have a talk and a demonstration this time.

Felicity Meadows will talk on: "Git: the content version
manager".

And young Master Taylor Collins will show us the robot arm, which he built
using a kit from Maplin.  It is connected to a Raspberry Pi and controlled
using python and a Nintendo Wii-mote.  It is used at times in a game to move
marbles from one pot to another.  Those who  move enough marbles within a
given time win a sweet.

http://www.portsmouth.lug.org.uk/talks/index.html

If you have a problem you would like help with, let us know in advance so that
we can try to have the right people/equipment/CDs there to help with the
problem.

I look forward to seeing some of you there.  It is a long way for many of you.
Too far for some.  But if you are within reach, give us a try.  If you
haven't been before, don't be shy.  We are a friendly group, and would love
to see you.  Come and see what we are about and what we look like.

Lisi