[Sussex] Portsmouth LUG meeting on Saturday May 21st

Lisi Reisz lisi.reisz at gmail.com
Sun May 15 11:46:12 UTC 2016

The next meeting of Portsmouth Linux User Group will be next Saturday, 21st
May, from 13:00 to 18:00 at the Broadoak Sports and Social Club, Hilsea.
http://www.portsmouth.lug.org.uk/venue.html

You are all warmly invited.  Now the days are longer you can easily get home
in the light, so I hope to see more of you. :-).  Moreover, Southern Railway
is not planning on striking that day. ;-)

It will be our usual Bring a Box meeting: bring your problems, bring your
gadgets, come to chat or come to learn.  Bring anything from a smartphone to
a large desktop - so long as it is, at least partly, Open Source!  And
remember that Android has a Linux kernel. ;-)  Or just bring yourself.  You
*may* bring a box, not you *must* bring a box.

If you are daunted by something you want to install, upgrade, try out or test,
do your installation, upgrade, configuration, testing, at the meeting with
all those helpful, knowledgeable, people round you.

We do ask that if people want large downloads (the whole of Debian, anyone?)
they ask in advance and one of us will download the file or files and bring
them in.

Paul Tansom will give us a talk on “Installing Piwigo web gallery and Let's
Encrypt SSL Certificates”.
http://www.portsmouth.lug.org.uk/talks/201605.html

I look forward to seeing some of you there. :-)  If you haven't been before,
don't be shy.  We are a friendly group, and would love to see you.
Come and see what we are about and what we look like.

Lisi