[Sussex] Portsmouth Linux User Group November Meeting and Talk

Lisi Reisz lisi.reisz at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 23:27:35 UTC 2016

The November meeting of the Portsmouth Linux User Group will be held on 17th
November, from 13:00 to 18:00+, in the Broad Oak Sports and Social Club:
http://www.portsmouth.lug.org.uk/venue.html

Gareth Owenson (né Owen) will be giving us another of his talks, which should
be a treat as usual.  It will be entitled  "Building and Programming Drones."
and will start as do all Gareth's talks at 2:00.
http://www.portsmouth.lug.org.uk/talks/201611.html

May I ask those of you who are members of Hackit or Makeit groups to forward
notice of this talk to your members, who may well be interested.

It should be a lively and helpful meeting. I have been notified of at least
two projects that people are bringing in the hope of
interest/ideas/suggestions/help: Chris Aubrey Smith has a camera project and
Aidan Cole a Debian one; and I have something of my own I want to bring.
Anyone who has something (s)he would like to show, tell or ask us about,
please do, even if I have not been told prior to today!

Feel free to bring any installations or updating you want to do and would like
to do surrounded by helpful other people in case of hitches.  Our bandwidth
is no longer a problem.

This time, for the first time, we shall be supplying sandwiches to go with the
Penguin biscuits.  Since I know neither how many sandwiches a “tray” holds,
nor how many of you will be there, I cannot say how generous the provision of
sandwiches will be, nor when we shall run out!  We are testing unknown water.
The bar will, as usual, be open for hot and cold drinks.

I dare hope to see many of you at what promises to be a specially interesting
meeting.

Lisi