[Sussex] A new LUG

woodman tim timwoodman1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat May 27 21:21:25 UTC 2017

Thanks Paul,

I have had quite a few mails from helpful people like you, all very helpful and
encouraging.

My particular side hobby is private community ISP's on the cheap, especially in
remote areas, I can make a piratebox but thats about it, my technical skills
don't go further than that.

I did not consider U3A but am glad I didn't from what you say, too many
restrictions it seems.

What sort of power requirements would any meeting hall or space require? A few
laptops would consume more ergs than is realised, and as for broadband?

This is a big learning wotsit for me, and the Pompey LUG sounds wonderful.

Best wishes, Tim.