[SWLUG] CD drives & SCSI aliasing

Gareth Watkins gw at garethwatkins.demon.co.uk
Fri Aug 2 15:17:35 UTC 2002

Can somebody help with this simple question?

I'm using RedHat 7.1 (I'm testing 7.3 but...) and in order to write CDs
with cdroast, I add this line to the global section of lilo.conf
	append="hdb=ide-scsi"
then run lilo, and everything's fine -- cdroast finds my rwiter, and
all's well.
But I also wanted cdroast to see my other CD drive (a read-only one), so
I tried adding
	append="hdd=ide-scsi"
but this gave an error when I ran /sbin/lilo -t
I tried various single-line combinations, but couldn't find one that
worked.
Does anybody know what the line(s) should look like?  (If I knew where
to find this information, I might look for it myself; but probably not
-- I hate manpages &c.)

Thanks,
Gareth