[SWLUG] Auto web page creator

Robert McQueen robot101 at debian.org
Fri Aug 9 01:20:30 UTC 2002

On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 12:32:12PM +0100, Justin Mitchell wrote:
> You can do that kind of thing pretty easily using a Dada Engine.
> Which generates random text by effectively using a language grammar
> definition in reverse.
> http://dev.null.org/dadaengine/
>
> One of its most (in)famous uses was the Postmodernism essay generator,
> which had one of its (random and meaningless) productions accepted for
> publication.
> http://www.elsewhere.org/cgi-bin/postmodern/

Whilst not directly useful in this situation (although arguably, this is
not a terribly useful field anyway =), I have been very impressed and
amused in the past by the output of Scott Pakin's Complaint Letter
Generator, which can be found here:
 http://hugin.sigusr1.org/~pakin/complaint

For example:
 http://tinyurl.com/yqc

It's different every time, always gramatically correct & coherent, and
composes very long, contrived and amusing sentences. =)

Regards,
Rob