[SWLUG] Wlan access point with hostap driver

Philip Downer phil at pjd.me.uk
Wed Dec 4 23:34:16 UTC 2002

At the last meeting in Cardiff a piece of paper was passed around asking
for ideas/suggestions on future events. Someone wrote down something
along the lines of 'Wlan access point with hostap driver', I tried to
find out who wrote this when I was at the meeting but failed.

Did whoever wrote this mean that they wanted to know how to set up a
machine as an access point using the hostap driver or that they wanted
to give a talk on how to do it?

The reason I am asking is because I have a machine set up as a WLAN
access point and it uses the hostap driver so I would be willing to give
pointers to anyone or possibly give a talk on how to set it up. I also
wouldn't want to step on someone else' toes if they wanted to do the
talk :)

Phil.