[SWLUG] Ideas, suggestions, plans and what non-attenders missed

Justin Mitchell justin at discordia.org.uk
Thu Dec 5 11:09:53 UTC 2002

On Thu, 2002-12-05 at 11:09, Telsa Gwynne wrote:
> Other things we talked about:
> how
> you might stream oggs around rooms (something like 'obsequian' was
> mentioned here);

Obsequiem (their spelling varies)
http://obsbox.sourceforge.net/

Obs is a play list manager / jukebox system that feeds MP3's to Icecast
for streaming.

I know that there has been work on icecast to stream ogg's
but it doesnt look like theres been much work done on obs recently.
but i cant imagine thats hard to change.

i use Obs & Icecast at home with MP3's (i have a couple of MP3 walkmen
so oggs arent terribly useful to me) and i now have almost all of my cd
collection on there, which i can listen to from any computer in the
house.

I have been trying to investigate ways to extend the music stream to
other rooms in the house that have Stereos but no computers, best
solution i can see so far is a low power FM Stereo transmitter from
Veronica. Anybody else have suggestions ?