[SWLUG] Green Party Linux and OSS workshop

Chris M. Jackson c.m.jackson at cs.cardiff.ac.uk
Mon Dec 16 22:17:31 UTC 2002

On 16 Dec 2002 at 16:29, Jim Killock wrote:

> The Green Party are having their Annual conference in Llandrindod this
> year, as it is the Assembly elections, so having a conference in Wales
> seemed a good idea.
For some reason, my money's on the Metropole.  The reasoning being
that it's a decent venue, and the fact that besides that there's FA
conference venues in Llandrindod.

> There are loads of people there, with all kinds of backgrounds,
> including development workers, education professionals, and of course
> two MEPS, the London AMs, a load of councillors and prospective
> Assembly candidates.
We have AMs in London these days?  That's a new one ;-)

> There's a motion on OSS going in, and a workshop booked, and I was
> wondering if anyone might be willing to help demo Linux / Open Office,
> or speak, or help set up and lend machines (three would be a nice
> number)?
Sounds like a good idea, and I'd be willing to go but ...

> The conference is march 12-16.
... which is slap-bang in the middle of the Spring Semester here :-(

I hope for the proverbial "next time"--
Chris M. Jackson
c.m.jackson at cs.cf.ac.uk

[ Bjorn Borg underwear - Resistance is futile.  You will be
unstimulated. ]