[SWLUG] Job/contract scene in South Wales and West

Dafydd Walters dafydd at walters.net
Wed Dec 18 00:05:28 UTC 2002

Hi SWLUG,

I've been lurking on this list for a couple of weeks.  I'm a software
developer, currently living in Los Angeles, and I'm planning to move back to
my native Wales in the next year or so.

1. I was wondering what the current job climate is like for software
development contract work within commuting distance of Cardiff.  Are there
many opportunities?  What's the going rate for a client-server or embedded
software architect/senior-developer?

2. I feel at home developing systems on GNU/Linux as well as that other OS
for PCs.  Is there any/much software development work opportunities in
GNU/Linux at the moment?

I hope these questions are appropriate for this list; I apologize if they
are not.

Regards,
Dafydd Walters
dafydd at walters.net