[SWLUG] hard drive failure

bascule excession at bigfoot.com
Wed Feb 20 22:09:01 UTC 2002

i have a hard drive that recently died with 'can't write to drive c:' error
on boot up and now the bios refuses to recognise its existence, neither does
the bios of any other machine in case you were thinking of bios virii, does
any one know of anything clever i can do to try and get it working, it spins
on power up but seems tp spin down beroe the box looks for a boot media; i'd
like to avoid the 'stick it in the freezer dept' for now!

bascule
--
I have seen galaxies die. I have watched atoms dance. But until I had the
dark behind the eyes, I didn't know the death from the dance.