[SWLUG] domain names, email etc.

Robert McQueen robot101 at debian.org
Wed Jan 30 20:12:41 UTC 2002

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 11:20:53AM +0000, bascule wrote:
> with uk2.net
>
> bascule

All of the domain registrars I've seen say that they will transfer a
domain to them if you pay a year's registration, and then you get the
existing time plus that year. They request authorisation from your
original registrar, who may request authorisation from you, but I wasn't
aware it was allowable for them to charge for this. Maybe try moving it
over to your new registrar, and see if they try and charge you for
letting go of it.

Of course, I tried to transfer robot101.net away from namezero, and they
totally ignored the transfer request, so £5 wasted, and namezero are
still spamming me (that makes it, what, 18 months?) with 'last chance to
buy your domain' and 'upgrade to our premium service for only $foo' etc.

Regards,
Rob