[SWLUG] hi

linux-tom at strickland.me.uk linux-tom at strickland.me.uk
Fri Jul 26 20:05:16 UTC 2002

hullo again!
Hullo,
Tom Strickland here. I've been off the list for a few mont...
I met up with you all was in a pub (I think it was Cardiff...
unemployed at the time. Now I'm back with the same employe...
(Ubiquity). On the Linux side I've switched to Debian and am slowly
finding out the differences between Mandrake and Debian. Mandrake
definitely seems to have the edge on hardware automagical
configuration
at install time, but Debain's package management is wonderful.

Current interests:
Security paranoia - I am just about to share my housemate's NTL cable
line by shoving a masquerading proxy on it. I am curious about
packet filtering firewalling, tripwire, LIDS, SNORT, log analysis and
application firewalling such as SQUID and anything that can do ftp
proxying.

Flex, yacc/bison and ANTLR. I am trying to push myself through
lexxer/parser theory for a project at work.

That's the lot. Must keep this brief, or I'll babble on forever.

See you at the next meet!

Tom