[SWLUG] NTL cable Modems in Neath

Philip Downer philip.downer at btinternet.com
Sun Jul 28 14:26:57 UTC 2002

On Sat, 2002-07-27 at 18:10, Neil Jones wrote:
> I am looking into a house move from Swansea.  Can anyone tell me about the
> reliability of NTL's cable modem service in Neath?
> I understand it works ok in Swansea but I know someone in Oxford who told
> them to give him a refund because it did not work.

I've been on a cable modem before and had no problems but that was in
Trefforest/Pontypridd, I think the South Wales cable tech guys are all
right. The only problem I did have was that I joined their service
straight after it was launched and they had problems for a few days
getting my modem working.

If you are really that worried move into an area that has ADSL as well,
that way if you are really unhappy you can switch.

Phil