[SWLUG] Hostname

Neil Jones linlist2 at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Sun May 26 19:31:13 UTC 2002

This is irritating since I have something which depends on this being right.
Every time I switch my machine on the Hostname setting reverts to localhost.
I have set it to the value I want on a few occasions but rebooting resets it.

I presume somewhere in the boot settings there is something which is either
doing this or the absence of something leads to the insertion of a default.
I want to change this to a valid value and keep it changed. How do I do it?

--
Neil Jones- Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk http://www.butterflyguy.com/
NOTE NEW WEB ADDRESS